Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day

Welcome to Smoke-lanta!! We woke up yesterday and I thought that we had been transported to LA-Los Angeles, not Lower Alabama. All the smoke from the wildfires in south Georgia and Florida manages to take a journey north with the weather fronts and makes it hard to appreciate the beautiful spring weather we're having (if you don't include the drought). If it's like this where I am, I can only imagine how bad it is for those poor people in the southern area of the state and Florida. I hope that they, and us, can get the much needed rain soon.

Well, hopefully this will be a good day for some knitting, either at the movies or by the pool (it that dang smoke would cease and desist). I have several projects I HAVE to get done. One of course is the aforementioned operation fuzzytoes sock, the second is the "refuses to meet gauge once knitted" Miss Dashwood hat-it's still a really cute hat even though it makes me want to cuss a blue streak. Also, I need to get a Baby Albert sweater done for a friend at work who just had her baby-the said child was born two weeks ago, but heck, it's Atlanta and as long as I make the sweater in the 9-12 months size the said child won't need it until December anyway! (I know when my kiddies were small, there was nothing better than going through the closet to find something to wear for the continually growing child and finding some HUGE sweater, shirt, pants, etc. that someone had given me at a baby shower that I knew my sweet, small delicate baby child would NEVER be able to fit into- and realize it finally fits!!!!)



I guess that the newly purchased, delicious Rowan summer tweed yarn, in a color that exactly matches my green eyes, by the way, will not be able to be knit up for a while into a sweater for me. Does anyone know any KPA (knitter's projects anonymous) groups in my area?

On a more serious note-I hope we all remember the veterans and active troops today. It's because of them that we get to go to the pool, visit the LYS, go to the movies, go to the cookouts (or smokeouts) and all the other myriad daily pleasures that we take for granted in this free country in which we live. If you want to show your support, go to Operation Home Front. There are other sites out there, but I like this one best. There's a lot of knitting that can be done to support our guys and girls overseas!

Have a great Memorial Day.....

















No comments: