Sunday, May 13, 2007

A really great Mom's Day

Well, it was a great mother's day. There's nothing like waking up to breakfast in bed served by the hubby and kids. Also, my sweet baby girl went out to the yard and got honeysuckle blooms to spread across the tray that they brought the breakfast in on. That girl is sooo creative! Nick (my little one) was so sweet. Since he's seven, he's at the age where it's getting to be "not cool" to let your mom hug and kiss on you, but he came up at breakfast and gave me a big ol' smack and told me I was the world's coolest mom. You can't get any better than that, can you?

I also got 4 skeins of yarn and a gift card to B&N. You just can't get any gifts better than that unless it's a gift card to your LYS for more yarn.

It was really warm here in Hotlanta on Mother's day, so we trekked on over to my mom's pool for a little swimming and wishing mom a super mother's day. It was really too hot to lay out, but too cold in the water. However, I did got some cute pics of the kids.












I was able to finish my mom's Booga Bag yesterday and felt it just in time for mother's day. I made it in Noro Kureyon's color #183. She really loved it. I've made one for myself too, but I felted the crap out of it and it's wayyyyy tooo small. That's what I get for not being careful like I usually am and checking the felting every so often in the wash. I'll guess I'll have to pass it down to glamour girl (my daughter). It's just her size.
I just started making some socks using Artyarns Ultramerino in a beautiful blue color. I'd been looking (it seems like everywhere) for a good solid color in sock yarn to start the Uptown Boot socks in the Favorite Socks book by Interweave (is it just me or does all sock yarn have to be variegated these days?). Once I found it, I knew that it was the right color. The cables are coming along great and they're fun to make. It's my first time doing any cable work, except for just trying out a cable on a swatch, but there's really nothing too it.... says the knitter of only about a year. We'll see how happy I am when I start turning the heel, making the gussets, etc! Anyway, I guess I better go start dinner-bourbon marinated salmon, yum! We've got the kids choir program tonight at church and it's already been a long day after field day at the school!! Happy knitting everyone.....

No comments: