Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Vacation Here I Come!







Finally, school's out. You would think that it would be easier on the mom when the kids are in school, not out. NOPE. When school's in, there are at least 46 million things to remember-did you include the money for the field trip, make cookies for a class party, make 2 lunches EVERY SINGLE DAY before 7:00 am- I could go on and on lamenting my sad fate but I'll spare you the monotonous details. Anyway now that school's out, I can sleep late (at least on the days I'm not working, and I love sleep more than a good glass of wine), go to the pool, knit, knit some more, and just generally not get all stressed out with the details that type A people like me get freaked out about. And with school being out comes-VACATION!!! We're going to the Gulf for a little more than a week with my parents and my brother and his family. So, being the cliche queen that I am-Let the good times roll. Oh wait, that isn't a cliche, but a Cars song-I know, I know, I'm dating myself. I once heard somewhere that using cliches a lot is a sign of inferior intelligence. I prefer to think that I've read a lot of good books and remember quotes well, kind of like being good in English class?






Today's the first day that I can enjoy just being home with the little ones, since I had to work Monday and yesterday (that means getting to work at 6:45 in the morning and playing with the stork-I'm a L&D nurse and no it's not always a happy job-trust me, sometimes we have more whackjobs than a meth lab). So without the 48 million school details to attend to, that means more knitting. Hopefully the operation fuzzytoes sock will be finished today. I turned the heel last night and it's working up really quickly.



Also, my Miss Dashwood hat is going better than the first one. I really love the yarn I'm using. It's Crystal Palace's Bunnyhop. This is the first time I've used it and it feels great. I also got some recently to make my nephew a blanket. This stuff rocks!! It doesn't split and it feels heavenly.



Is there anyone out there who's making the uptown boot sock from Favorite Socks? I'm having the best time making these. The pattern really isn't hard, just enough knit stitch in the round to be easy, but cabling every fourth row to keep you interested. I've seen lots of people making the embossed leaves socks, but no uptown boot socks. Let me know.



Well, off to get ready for the beach and finish my sock. Here's some summer pics for you
.

3 comments:

Tami said...

I agree, school time is BUSY! I also enjoy sleep more than, well the finer things in life! We came home from our first summer vacation of the year a week ago Sunday. I have yet to find that peace and relaxation that you speak of! I suppose my expectations of the summer are set really high! We have swim team four days a week, plus a meet(which is pure chaos!), add the babysitting to help friends, trying to manage the house with my three sons being at home all day, birthday parties, baseball games, and family reunions. That's all in this first week! I am ready for a slow down. But as with each summer that has passed before, it will end to quickly and we will miss our little kiddos being with us each day keeping us young and allowing us to be kids ourselves by having an excuse to play in the sprinkler or roll down a hill. It happens so fast, grow up that is! So as hectic as it may seem for me, I will treasure every direction that I am pulled to know that they will have those memories to share with their children. This week I am determined will be at a slower pace. My type A tendencies that must have rubbed off from my dear friend will have to be pushed back for a little while longer! So have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your kiddos and your family. From your fellow Ya Ya!

Karen said...

Hi! What a beautiful family you have. I hope you enjoy the summer vacation! Thanks for the comment on my blog - I am so excited that people are actually reading it! I just looked over yours - Your booga bags look great. I carried mine this weekend - it's getting a little pilly, but I don't want to shrink it anymore. Maybe a visit with the sweater shaver will help :)

theyarnwhisperer said...

Ya know, Bit, you really need to teach me how to take pictures. You do such a kick-ass job at it.
I think we definately need to make a date for when the kids go back to school so we can go learn how to spin our own yarn. I'm going to need that skill for when I start my own alpaca farm. You need to see Evan Almighty! It was great. They mentioned the aplacas several times. I was really excited that the alpacas were mentioned more than the rest of the animals. I also almost peed myself when Evan made mention that his wife was a Loggins and Messina fan. You'll understand when you see the movie. It rang very close to home being that I married Grizzly Adams' look a like.