Sunday, June 17, 2007

Click your heels together three times......






Whew! It's nice to be home. There's nothing like a good vacation, but there's also nothing like coming home. I changed my ring tone on my phone to Michael Buble's song "Home" just in anticipation. We did have a great time though. The beach was absolutely beautiful, the Gulf of Mexico looked just like the Caribbean. I have never seen so many shades of blue and green in the water. At the shore the water was so clear, you could see straight to the bottom. It was great for snorkeling. We also visited the local state park and I got some really
good eye candy. (The cutie pie in the top right is my niece- I thought it was a really cool picture, not that you can appreciate how cute she is, though!)



I was able to get some knitting done, but definitely not as much as I thought I would. Usually, I would have completed the operation Fuzzy Toes sock, the Miss Dashwood hat, and at least started on my second Uptown Boot sock. I'm not usually a slow knitter, but it just seemed like I couldn't concentrate while sitting by the ocean. I guess the heat made it hard to keep my mind on my patterns. Also, my evil anal retentive side would not let the slightly sloppy picked up stitches along the heel flap on my uptown book sock remain, so I had to frog it and start my heel flap and heel turn over. As far as the hat and the sock, all I have to do on the baby hat is sew on the ties and the ear flaps and I just need to sew the toe together on the fuzzy toes sock. I'm ready to get both of these done so that I can really get to work on my Klaralund sweater. My friend Tammy also wants me to make her a booga bag when I get the time. So I'll guess I'll be making booga bag number 3.


Hope everyone has a great Father's Day. I'm going to make linguine with white clam sauce for the man of the house. I'll let you know how it turns out. (However, he shouldn't be hungry after the huge breakfast of bacon, chocolate chip pancakes and blueberry waffles that he had, though). Adios mis amigos que tejen. (translation: Goodbye my friends who knit.-my brother is bilingual and he spoke a lot of Spanish this week at the beach, can you tell?)


1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

Aha! Steven got the computer up and running. You've missed your calling, Bit. You should be the next Ansel Adams or Annie Lebowitz!
Your brother may be bilingual but I happen to know that you habla enough Espanol at the Rock to claim to speak "Spanglish".
I'll try to take some pictures of what I got done on vacation. Of course, my pictures will not be anywhere NEAR what yours are. Maybe I should get you to take pictures of my stuff!