Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Christmas in June!

I just found out about the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair in October!!!! I dug this up when I was surfing the web. I had really given up being able to visit one of these without having to hop on a plane. But TADA! look what's in my neck of the woods this fall! (Or least just a few hours away by car). Is it just me, or are there not any (or very few) opportunities for knitters in the Georgia area? (I just wish that there was a local knitter's guild that didn't require a 1 hour commute) When I go on Lion Brand and check their listings for knitting, fiber, etc events in my area-nada. When I Google fiber fairs, etc in Georgia-nada. Maybe I haven't been checking hard enough, or maybe my Google skills just aren't what they could be, who knows? But I am definitely planning on attending this! Any takers????

Now that I've shouted my joyous news, I better go get baking. My step-dad's family are in town from Cali, and they're making homemade enchiladas for all of us for dinner. I'm talking everything-from-scratch, take- all-day, so-good-you'll-slap-your-mama enchiladas. Therefore, I'm making a hummingbird cake and some black-bean salsa (thanks Ramon for the recipe) just so that I'll feel like I'm even a little bit worthy for this great meal we're having.

But before that, I'm meeting my dad somewhere today so that he can give me the the chili rellenos he and my step mom picked up on their RV trip out west. YUM!! Do you see at least 5 extra pounds on my family's horizon?

Here's the family on father's day morning. I think they liked the waffles and pancakes, huh?

3 comments:

Calicoknits said...

Bit, this is not too far from my folks house. I'm thinking free lodging plus pampering. Think the harlot could be convinced to attend?

theyarnwhisperer said...

I wanna go too!!! You know I love it up there and its a great place for all my hippie-shamanic-energy stuff I do. If I win the mega lottery I'm moving up there and raising alpacas!!!!

Karen said...

Hi! Thanks for the comments - I did learn to crochet first. I think it did make learning to knit a little more difficult, but I made it! I am not far (well, a few hours) from SAFF. Some girls at the LYS I go to and I may take a weekend trip up for that - I hear its amazing.